At ZIMC Chennai, we are focused on providing training of the highest quality in medical coding services leading to complete satisfaction of the students that have enrolled for the course. Medical coding refers to the practice of coding diagnostic procedures, treatments, using special numeric and alphanumeric codes. This is a very important technique that is used during the capture and maintenance of patient records. Any type of treatment to a patient including outpatient treatment, diagnostic procedure, inpatient treatment, emergency procedures, etc., generates many detailed records.
CPC Training Center in Chennai
CPC expands to Certified Professional Coder and is awarded by AAPC. This is a credential which measures the standard for medical coders who work in a physician setting or a hospital. Certified coders are recognized in the industry and earn approximately 20% more than coders that are non-certified. Possession of a CPC certificate increases the chances of the candidate being hired by hospitals and being able to compete in a job environment.
The Certified Professional Coder’s (CPC) examination conducted by the AAPC is the gold standard of today as far as coding certification is concerned. The CPC exam is designed to test the grasp of the coder as far as the coding process is concerned. The coding process involves learning medical terminology, coding sets and other topics. The CPC exams cover 24 subject areas including medicine, anaesthesia and radiology.
- Awareness of ICD 10 CM coding guidelines, medical billing, CPT rules and regulations, compliance, insurance reimbursement cycle and process
- Awareness of the latest changes in the billing and coding rules
- Expertise in coding all medical specialities: Surgery, Anaesthesia, Pathology, Radiology, Medicine, ER/ED & Critical Care, Evaluation and Management, etc.
- Capability to review medical records and assign medical codes for different diagnoses
- Understand the use of modifiers and apply the correct modifier for smooth reimbursement transaction
- Sound knowledge of all medical terminologies pertaining to different subjects
At ZIMC Chennai, we provide the CPC training in Chennai such a manner to cover all the topics such as Radiology, Medicine, Surgery, Pathology, ER/ED & Critical Care, Evaluation and Management, CPT-4, ICD-10 CM, and HCPCS Coding. We have designed the training program to be job oriented and this will greatly help the student to appear for and clear examinations conducted by AAPC and AHIMA. CPC Training Center in Chennai is suitable for those candidates that are planning to take up related jobs in Canada, Australia, and the UAE. The students, after completion of training, would also be able to appear for the CCA examination that is certified by AHIMA.
Our CPC Certification Training in Chennai batches have flexible timings to suit those who are students or are already employed. We have both weekday and weekend training batches.
CPC Training at ZIMC Chennai – Salient Features
- CPT-4, ICD-10 CM, and HCPCS training
- RCM Training (HIPAA compliance)
- Video Training for Anatomy & Physiology
- Certification provided after completion of training
- Interview Training and Placement Support
CPC Training – Topic Covered
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy, Physiology, Radiology, Medicine, Clinical tests, Pathology and Surgical Procedures.
- General coding guidelines for ICD-10 CM, conventions, and acute and chronic condition code words
- ICD-10 CM coding for Infection, coding for HIV and Sepsis, coding for Neoplasm and Hypertension, coding for Pregnancy, Delivery, Trauma and Postnatal care
- CPT-4 Procedure Coding & NCCI edits
- Medical Billing Terminologies
- Coding for Radiology & Pathology
- Coding for Evaluation and Management, Surgery and Anaesthesia
- HIPAA Training
- Revenue Cycle Management and CPC, CPC-A sample questions pattern
- CPC sample question papers with mock tests for coding practice scenarios
CPC Qualified coders from ZIMC Chennai are always in high demand for jobs in medical billing companies both in India and abroad.